Feel like you have a cold coming on? Perhaps a sore throat or a tickle?
Try this brew of blackcurrants and spices because it's delicious, or because it's packed with potent ingredients to warm up and ward off chills.
Blackcurrants have some incredible health benefits, and studies have shown anti-viral effects in a lab setting. To best preserve the Vitamin C and anthocyanin content, add blackcurrants only after gently simmering the other ingredients and allow the concoction to steep for at least a minute.
To make a soothing, hot blackcurrant drink:
- 10gm of ViBERi Organic Blackcurrant Powder or about 15 Freeze Dried Blackcurrant Berries
- a half thumb of fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 2-3 slices of lemon and/or orange
- 1-2 tsp of honey (to taste)
- Half a cinnamon stick and two cloves
Combine all the ingredients except the blackcurrants and gently simmer in boiling water in a small pot on the stove before straining into a mug.
Add the blackcurrants and allow this remedy to steep as you settle on the couch in front of the fire...